Technical Claims Specialist
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Contractor Full Time
- Melbourne (CBD)
Do you have experience in managing commercial property claims?
Can you build professional and productive relationships with insureds and brokers alike?
If this looks and feels like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial well-being. We pride ourselves on being there for those our communities rely on.
Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents, and car insurance. We are Australian owned with offices nationally, so our customers benefit from our local knowledge and presence.
- Experienced in managing complex commercial property claims and can draw on your excellent knowledge of a broad range of claims, including Industrial Special Risks (ISR) Policy, Business Policy and Contract Works claims, specifically in Business Interruption among others
- Known for your client-first approach, you can communicate clearly and comfortable with our insureds as well as brokers
- Someone with good commercial sense, working to get outcomes for the business and our clients
- Known for your strong attention to detail, ability to analyse and distil complex information from multiple sources to inform your decisions on claims
- You can work independently but can collaborate and communicate with your team members, comfortable in asking for assistance if needed. You have the maturity to manage and motivate yourself, especially in our current hybrid environment.
You will be
- Proactively managing a complex Commercial Property claims portfolio (including small to large losses) end to end, using, and continuing to build on your technical expertise in Industrial Special Risks, Commercial Business and Contract Works Policy.
- Liaising with all relevant stakeholders including our clients, brokers, panel service providers and other teams within the business.
- Maintaining accurate and timely reserves for customers in line with our claims guidelines and, as a support for others in the team, approving reserve increases as required.
- Providing technical coaching and support for others in your team, including being a referral point for declinatures.
- You will also be assisting with and responding to IDR requests.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An innovative Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
- Hybrid working (we call this #Connect which reflects how we work remotely + in office and = flexibility)
Visit https://www.guildgroup.com.au/company/guild-insurance to meet our people and learn more about our business, values, and benefits.
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, please apply!
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied. We strive to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
If you are the preferred candidate, we will ask you to complete background checks (including identity verification and police checks).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend