Your new company
Guild Group specialises in providing insurance, superannuation, and professional services to specialised industry sectors. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our customers have the best possible insurance that will support them during their time of need and can build a financial foundation for life after work through their superannuation.
You are an all-rounder who wants to find your niche in a supportive team where you’ll grow your expertise and knowledge in the AP/AR function steadily over time.
We don’t need you to be degree-qualified, but you will already have experience in a similar AP/ AR function and come with intermediate Excel knowledge. You will have a good knowledge of your debits and credits and AP and AR principles and compliance and can readily demonstrate this.
Your colleagues will look to you to support them and be the back-up that they need. You respond well to having some structure to your day, are committed to your tasks but are organised and flexible enough to take on other urgent or unexpected requests if needed. You manage your time effectively and prioritise your work through asking questions and checking with your colleagues.
You are known for being approachable and professional in communicating with others and you take initiative when you see opportunities to improve how you/ your teamwork. You will make the effort to get things done when they need to be done and you take pride and ownership of your work.
If you were already in this role, here are some of the things you might have done last week
- Working predominantly with our Guild Insurance and GuildLink businesses, you started each morning completing your usual Accounts Receivables work, including processing, identifying and reconciling bank transactions for our Guild Insurance bank accounts.
- You processed insurance-related refunds for our Guild Insurance customers as well as completed your regular EFT and cheque payment runs.
- With your eye for detail, you’ve accurately allocated General Ledger codes to tax invoices.
- Throughout your days, you’ve also kept an eye on the shared Accounts Payable inbox for queries from suppliers and internal staff.
- You reviewed staff expense claims reimbursements, reconciled corporate credits cards and completed corporate traveller and direct debit journal allocations.
- Throughout your week, you’ve also been keeping our Group Procurement and Accounts Payable Manager and our Group Accounts Receivable Manager updated on how you’re tracking, getting their steer on what to prioritise in your workflow.
Why join us?
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity and respect.
As an organisation, Guild Group encourages innovation across all areas of the business and, as a result, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
We attract highly motivated individuals who are looking for a career where they can genuinely make a difference on our journey through supporting the performance and strategic goals of the wider business.
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, please apply!
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied. We strive to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
If you are the preferred candidate, we will ask you to complete background checks (including identity verification and police checks).