Commercial Pricing Manager
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Melbourne (CBD)
- Product & Underwriting
Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. We pride ourselves on our future focus and innovation.
At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents and car insurance. We are Australian owned with offices nationally, so our customers benefit from our local knowledge and presence. To support the delivery of Guild’s company strategy through insurance pricing, customer behaviour and risk analytic, we are seeking a Commercial Pricing Manager.
The Commercial Pricing Manager is responsible for the discipline and delivery of the commercial price setting and implementation process for all Guild general insurance products. This includes the recommendation and implementation of book price changes and the monitoring and communication of changes achieved.
You are experienced in mathematical modelling or actuarial pricing work and will bring knowledge of statistical modelling techniques. With strong technical experience in general insurance as well as data analysis, numerical and investigative skills, you will be able to present and influence complex ideas to all stakeholders You will work closely with our Head of Product and Underwriting as well as the broader analytics, risk, strategy and portfolio management teams in managing multiple projects and providing advice to the Insurance leadership team.
Specifically, you will:
- Maintain rating tools and calculators to improve the consistency and efficiency of pricing of the Guild portfolio
- Support the Product and Underwriting team with pricing and portfolio guidance across all classes of business.
- Ensure all key stakeholders have an adequate understanding of the company pricing philosophy
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the smooth operation of transactions
- Provide Commercial Pricing Recommendation to Portfolio Management in order to achieve portfolio objectives, including analysing retention/lapse rates, gathering competitor price data from stakeholders, technical pricing inputs & claims performance analysis, impact testing of alternative pricing scenarios
- Lead detailed book rate reviews for portfolios
- Liaise with Underwriting Operations and Technology to ensure changes implemented when required, accurately and efficiently, including all schemes in line with annual review cycle.
- Ensure testing process is effective and efficient, with all rate changes having required review and sign-off before release.
- Create a Pricing Monitoring framework that will allow monitoring of all Classes and initiatives
- Conduct minimum quarterly pricing monitoring (rate change and claim performance)
- Work with the Portfolio Management team to achieve underwriting strategy
- Coach and support junior team members within P&U and Analytics
- Participate and/or lead teams and projects
Beyond your technical pricing skills, you’re also known for understanding, designing and implementing processes that make you and your team’s work run more smoothly. You can also quickly grasp the environment and context within which you’re implementing processes so you’re aware of who you need to engage with and from whom you need input.
You will bring tertiary qualifications in quantitative discipline, mathematics, statistics, ICT or analytics and will be an Associate or Fellow of the Actuaries Institute Australia.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity and respect.
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
- Flexible working program available to eligible staff
For more information about Guild Insurance visit https://www.guildinsurance.com.au/
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then the please apply here.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend