Senior Internal Auditor
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Melbourne (CBD)
- RIsk, Audit & Compliance
Your new company
Guild Group specialises in providing insurance, superannuation, and professional services to specialised industry sectors. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our customers have the best possible insurance that will support them during their time of need and can build a financial foundation for life after work through their superannuation.
Your new role
You will assist the Head of Internal Audit to provide an independent, objective assessment and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the Guild Group operations. This includes bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes while ensuring the efficient, effective and economic use of resources.
As Senior Internal Auditor you will:
- Plan and conduct quality risk-based operational, compliance, financial and technology internal audits end-to-end and in accordance with contemporary methodology, professional standards and within set time frames
- Prepare high quality and concise formal internal audit reports which highlight key risks and include practical and commercial recommendations which are accepted by management
- Present findings to key stakeholders, including senior management
- Track and follow up on outstanding open audit actions until their completion
- Assist in risk forum and Board reporting
- Support ongoing use and further development of our Risk, Audit and Compliance system
- Contribute to the further development of internal audit methodologies, work programs and the strategic audit plan
- Identify opportunities to improve key internal controls, business efficiencies and provide value adding advice to internal customers
- Maintain appropriate and effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Contribute to project steering committees, working groups and project teams as required
- Work closely with and provide ongoing support to the Risk and Compliance team
You are known for your excellent communicative ability, agile thinking and capability to navigate change effectively while upholding the company vision and values. You have a positive outlook, are practical and organised, and have good time management skills. With a sense of commercial pragmatism and working knowledge of the Corporations Act, ASIC and APRA standards and guidelines, you are able to distil different sources of information into key insights for the organisation.
With experience in information security and technology audits highly desirable, you will get great exposure across all business units in the Guild Group. You will build positive relationships with key executives at all levels, as well as internal and external stakeholders. Building on your financial services experience, you will take your career to the next level in this highly visible opportunity at a great time in supporting Guild Group’s growth.
Why join us?
As an organisation, Guild Group encourages innovation across all areas of the business and, as a result, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
We attract highly motivated individuals who are looking for a career where they can genuinely make a difference on our journey through supporting the performance and strategic goals of the wider business.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then please submit your details via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend