- Hybrid work environment; can be based in multiple capital cities.
- Work with an Australian-owned, award-winning insurer.
- Manage and drive your own portfolio of casualty claims.
Why this opportunity?
- You can make this role your own. You’ll be close to our customers and have the autonomy and the trust of your leaders to manage your portfolio of professional indemnity and liability claims.
- Our size means you have access to other teams in the business (such as Product & Underwriting) and senior leadership to support you in driving your claims.
- You can support and influence the development of your colleagues by coaching and mentoring our other Casualty Claims Specialists.
- If you’re coming from legal practice, this is your chance to work directly with an insurance company that values staff well-being and flexibility.
We’re open to this role being in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane or Newcastle.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Hybrid working (we call this #Connect which reflects how we work from home + in office and = flexibility)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff from 6 weeks
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An innovative Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
Who you are
Your experience: You will have solid technical knowledge and experience managing high risk and complex professional indemnity and liability claims independently. You could also come from practicing insurance law with a desire to make a change and work in-house with an insurer. Through your experience, you’ll have an in-depth knowledge of the laws, legislation and litigation practices relevant to these claims from which you can draw.
You’re motivated by: The opportunity to apply your specialist knowledge to drive claims outcomes. You’ll be excited by the opportunity to coach and mentor others, so we continue to build capability within the Casualty Claims Team. Our business is here to support those our communities rely on, so you’ll take pride in your ability to provide sound and timely advice to our clients in their time of need.
Visit https://www.guildgroup.com.au/about/our-people to meet our people and learn more about our business, values, and benefits.
For more information about Guild Insurance check out https://www.guildinsurance.com.au/
What you’ll do
As a Senior Casualty Claims Specialist, you’ll manage a portfolio of complex claims autonomously. These claims are with clients across allied health as well as our intermediated portfolio and other professionals that provide care and advice to our communities. Your team and the wider business will look to you as an expert and will rely on you for claims advice, coaching and mentoring. You’ll also be working with our Product & Underwriting team in providing them with consistent feedback on underwriting risks. You’ll also be keeping an eye on market and legal trends you’re noticing as well as opportunities for us to improve how we work.
Where you could be
Winner of the Small General Insurance Company of the Year at ANZIIF’s 2021 Australian Insurance Industry Awards and nominated for the Insurance Learning Program of the Year, Guild Insurance is proud to be recognised amongst some of Australia’s biggest and best insurers. At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
Our comprehensive product suite covers both financial and personal lines- including professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents, car, and pet insurance.
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, let’s start a conversation. Reach out to Regina from our Talent Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied. We strive to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
If you are the preferred candidate, we will ask you to complete background checks (including identity verification and police checks).