- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Full Time Permanent
- Melbourne (CBD)
- Product & Underwriting
- Perfect step-up opportunity for an early career Underwriter with commercial property exposure.
- Learn by working closely with supportive and experienced senior colleagues who are invested in your development.
- Melbourne-based, hybrid work environment.
Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
Acerta is Guild Insurance’s intermediary division with products supported by an experienced team ready to provide prompt broking advice and professional insight. Our strength lies in our relationships and innovation is core to everything we do. It underpins our commitment to drive business growth for each broker partner.
Our product suite includes a range of commercial and niche personal lines products. We are Australian owned with offices nationally, so our customers benefit from our local knowledge and presence.
- An Assistant Underwriter or Underwriter wanting to grow your capabilities in relationship management and production underwriting. You could also be a broker with some underwriting experience already under your belt.
- Someone who knows your way around commercial property insurance, familiar with mid-market and high value clients.
- Known for your relationship building and communication. Key to this role is retention as well as driving new business through our broker partners so it is essential for your to be able to communicate confidently and clearly.
- Eager to learn and will thrive in a small team, working closely with your colleagues and your Seniors who will develop and support your career as an Underwriter
- Ideally qualified in RG146, General Insurance Tier 1.
If you were already in this role, here are some of the things you might have done last week
- You’ve kept up with underwriting renewals and new business in your portfolio, working in consultation with the Senior Underwriters in the team.
- Using your analytical abilities to make sure you’ve got the risk management, pricing, terms and conditions right for the individual risks you’re across.
- You’ve assisted one of our broker partners in interpreting the terms & conditions, wording and intent for one of our policies, helping them out of a tricky situation.
- You’ve also kept focus on maintaining good, professional relations with our existing broker partners while building new ones. In doing so, you’ve sought to understand their growth objectives and continued to work with them to achieve this.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff from 6 weeks
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An innovative Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
- Hybrid working (we call this #Connect which reflects how we work remotely + in office and = flexibility)
Visit https://www.guildgroup.com.au/ to meet our people and learn more about our business, values, and benefits.
For more information about Guild Insurance check out https://www.guildinsurance.com.au/
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, please apply!
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied. We strive to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
If you are the preferred candidate, we will ask you to complete background checks (including identity verification and police checks).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend