Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. We pride ourselves on our future focus and innovation.
At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents and car insurance. We are Australian owned with offices nationally, so our customers benefit from our local knowledge and presence. To support the delivery of Guild’s company strategy through insurance pricing, customer behaviour and risk analytics, we are seeking a Senior Analyst.
As Senior Analyst and an integral part of our Strategy, Risk and Analytics team, you will support the delivery of Guild’s company strategy through insurance pricing and customer behaviour analytics in order to drive profitable growth and targeted risk selection portfolio management.
You are experienced in mathematical modelling or actuarial pricing work and will bring knowledge of statistical modelling techniques. With strong technical experience in general insurance as well as data analysis, numerical and investigative skills, you will be able to present and influence complex ideas to all stakeholders.
Your days will be varied and will include:
- Determining target loss ratios
- Developing and maintaining pricing tools
- Assisting in the technical review of strategic pricing models for key products
- Providing input into product development initiatives
- Providing propensity modelling contribute to pricing and analytics team strategy and broader Guild strategy
- Coaching and supporting team members as well as lead teams/projects as required
- Providing data and recommendations for budgets and business planning
Beyond your technical and actuarial skills, you’re also known for understanding, designing and implementing processes that make you and your team’s work run more smoothly. You can also quickly grasp the environment and context within which you’re implementing processes so you’re aware of who you need to engage with and from whom you need input. You have excellent communicative skills, experience in mathematical modelling or actuarial work, will have advanced SAS, Excel and VBA skills as well as R and Python coding. With general insurance experience as well as being an Associate or Fellow of the Actuaries Institute Australia- this is a great next step in your specialist career stream at an exciting time for Guild Insurance.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity and respect.
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
- Flexible working
For more information about Guild Insurance visit https://www.guildinsurance.com.au/
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, please apply!
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied. We strive to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
If you are the preferred candidate, we will ask you to complete background checks (including identity verification and police checks).