Business Intelligence Developer
Job no: 492634
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. We pride ourselves for our future focus, recently being recognised for a third year in a row by the AFR BOSS Most Innovative Awards.
At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on. We can continue to provide this excellent service to our customers because we are powered by a support services team including IT who design, develop and deliver technology solutions to the Guild Group and to our customers.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is to support the achievement of the Guild Group and Guild Insurance through the provision of Business Intelligence. As Business Intelligence Developer, you will assist with the continued development, migration to Azure and maintenance of Guild’s Business Intelligence systems including Data Warehouse, ETL and Reporting.
You will support the business through the provision of Analysing, designing, developing and testing BI solutions to meet requirements as well as further establishing a best practice approach to Business Intelligence Development. Specifically, you will:
- Understand, coach and ensure best quality BI design and development practices
- Collaborate with the Business Analytics Team to establish reporting requirements
- Provide expert advice on best fit and best practice BI solutions
- Actively participate in and promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Challenge existing assumptions and practices where alternatives may exist
- Collaborate with source system developers and subject matter experts to establish best fit solutions and deliver them effectively
- Plan and execute unit and system testing
- Assist with handover, deployment and release activities
- Provide support for production systems and to Business as Usual staff
To excel in this role, you will bring:
- An attitude of innovation: a passion to embrace new technologies and approaches
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with SQL Server, with experience in SSAS (tabular and multidimensional models), SSIS, and SSRS
- Strong experience in T-SQL and associated technologies and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and maintain enterprise Business Intelligence solutions
- Demonstrated experience in Report design and construction
- Familiarity with Azure Business Intelligence Technologies
- Data modelling experience, especially Dimensional Modelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication
- A delivery focused attitude balanced with strong customer service focus
- Understanding of General insurance administration processes and applications (ideally Guidewire)
This is a great opportunity to really make a difference in a small and mighty team and to support the next step in our transformation and for you to take the next step in your career. With your forward-thinking and solutions oriented approach, this is a great opportunity for you to build credible relationships at all levels of the business and to thrive in a dynamic and agile environment.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity and respect.
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff from 6 weeks
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks
- Flexible working program available to eligible staff
Sounds like your kind of job?
If this sounds like your kind of role, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend