Job no: 492517
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Sydney (CBD)
Categories: Product & Underwriting
Your new company
Acerta is the name for Guild Insurance’s intermediary division. Our strength lies in our relationships and innovation is core to everything we do. It underpins our commitment to drive business growth for each and every industry partner.
We are a value-driven organisation with a genuine, friendly and collaborative culture that respects, rewards and values input and innovation from all levels of the business.
Your new role
Working closely with the NSW Acerta Underwriting team, you will drive the intermediated strategy through selected brokers. Your primary focus is on new business production and broker management. Additionally, you will also provide support and back-up to the team so that a high level of service can be maintained with partner brokers to develop profitable growth of the business.
You will be expected to:
- Adhere to all underwriting standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in debtor management.
- Assist in the preparation & monitoring of any reports and/or submissions.
- Provide customer service support to brokers.
- Provide assistance with the development of the insurance systems, in relation to underwriting matters.
- Work closely with the NSW Manager to implement fit for purpose processes and procedures.
- Assist the NSW Manager in ensure Acerta underwriting files satisfy Underwriting File Standards
- Participate in team projects as required.
- Maintain records of partner brokers (within the system and/or hard copy), ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Undertake general administrative duties in relation to policy acceptance, risk management, pricing, terms and conditions for individual risks.
- Ensure efficient administration of data and documents including: policies, endorsements, renewals, cancellations, applications (proposals), correspondence, cover notes and certificates of currency.
You would have completed your HSC or equivalent qualification with your ANZIIF qualifications underway. You will have at least 3 years’ administration/customer service experience within the insurance industry, including at least 2 years in an Underwriting role. Your insurance product knowledge should cover Commercial Property, Broadform Liability, PI and Business Pack.
You will have a good Underwriting foundation with the ability to develop productive, professional and trusted relationships with our partners. You will be part of a nimble and dynamic business with big aspirations, built on creating great customer solutions. You will have the drive to help our business grow and develop professionally as an Underwriter.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity and respect.
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff from 6 weeks
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
- Flexible working program available to eligible staff
Sounds like your kind of job?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then let’s start a conversation!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend