You must include your academic transcript in your application to be considered.
We have one of the most unique opportunities for early career Actuarial Analysts. In this role, you will be exposed to a breadth of general insurance products and work alongside senior decision makers. You will see how your work and advice contribute directly to our business outcomes.
Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
Winner of the Small General Insurance Company of the Year at ANZIIF’s 2021 Australian Insurance Industry Awards and nominated for the Insurance Learning Program of the Year, we’re proud to be recognised amongst some of Australia’s biggest and best insurers.
Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents, and car insurance. We are Australian owned with offices nationally, so our customers benefit from our local knowledge and presence.
You can be an early-career actuary with up to three years of experience or a graduate with a good academic track record. You will have tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, data mining and analytics. You will have experience with MS Excel and VBA, and knowledge of other programming languages such as R and Python is desirable.
You are eager to take opportunities to learn with an inquisitive mind and a passion for driving insights from data. With your data expertise, you are also able to present and distil complex ideas into ways that can be easily be interpreted by others, including senior executives.
Beyond your analytical know-how, you focus on how you can build relationships, not just within your immediate team, but with your colleagues across the business. You make an effort to know and understand others and are keen to build on your ability to communicate your ideas and insights with clarify and confidence.
The idea of working with a small but tight-knit team where you’re visible and supported excites you, as does growing in a company that invests in your progress as an Actuarial professional.
If you were in this role last week, here’s what you might have been doing
- You have continued to learn about how analytics and actuarial pricing plays a key support role in the functioning of our business and applied the modelling techniques you have learnt in practice.
- You supported delivery of our Reporting suites, including our Rate Strength Dashboards, which are key performance metrics utilised to manage the business. Throughout this, you’ve kept an eye on opportunities to improve our key processes and ways of working to improve and maximise value.
- You play a key role in our Analytics Team through providing quality actuarial support and advice to the rest of the business. You shared technical actuarial advice to assist our portfolio managers in making fact-based decisions on their portfolio trends.
- Your Team have continued to coach you in the fundamentals of pricing techniques that are integral to becoming a pricing actuary along with other relevant skillsets.
- In a role that is spread across business intelligence reporting, technical pricing, and risk analytics, you’ve continued to learn by listening, watching, and doing.
- As we value your development and want you to grow with us, we have a generous study policy that supports your continued learning, so you’ve also kept on top of your studies.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff from 6 weeks
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An innovative Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
- Hybrid working (we call this #Connect which reflects how we work remotely + in office and = flexibility)
- A generous study policy
Visit https://www.guildgroup.com.au/ to meet our people and learn more about our business, values and benefits.
For more information about Guild Insurance check out https://www.guildinsurance.com.au/
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, please apply!
You must include your academic transcript in your application in your application.
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied. We strive to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
If you are the preferred candidate, we will ask you to complete background checks (including identity verification and police checks).