Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. We pride ourselves on our future focus and innovation.
At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents and car insurance. We are Australian owned with offices nationally, so our customers benefit from our local knowledge and presence.
Your new role
As part of our Underwriting Team, your role sits within our head office and is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys thinking outside the box. Your focus will be on referral underwriting delivering outstanding customer solutions across all our commercial lines of business. Our regional client facing teams from across the country will look to you as a trusted advisor and partner, providing support on product queries, risk selection and pricing.
Whilst adhering to underwriting rules, authorities and policies, you will use your creative thinking to help build customer solutions for our front-line teams.
You will be an especially good communicator and collaborator, building positive relationships with our key stakeholders across the business.
You will be accountable for:
- Ensuring the Underwriting Team are a Centre of Underwriting Excellence for Guild’s frontline teams by:
- Adhering to referral service level agreements, therefore meeting the frontline teams and customers’ expectations, whilst maintaining underwriting integrity
- Effectively underwriting allocated referrals in relation to policy acceptance, risk management, non-standard endorsements and other policy terms and conditions to ensure proper risk selection and appropriate pricing
- Providing policy wording support, including interpretation and intent
- Using your technical underwriting knowledge when completing referrals or collaborating with others
- Supporting the delivery of the underwriting and product strategies to achieve the overall strategic plan.
- Collaborating and seeking input from specialist functions and others as required, to maximise benefits.
- Providing expert advice and recommendations to key stakeholders to facilitate considered and robust decision making.
- Taking opportunities to maintain positive and constructive relationships with customers, frontline teams and other internal and external stakeholders.
You will have a minimum FSRA – ANZIIF Tier 1 accreditation. Your experience in the insurance industry will be in mid to large-sized corporate environments. You will already have experience in professional indemnity and casualty and ideally also management liability and property business insurance markets.
You will have well-developed cognitive and analytical capabilities and strong communication skills. You have great attention to detail and a collaborative and creative approach to solutions.
As a self-starter, you take initiative to learn from and connect with others. You have a proven ability to build relationships at all levels. Your integrity means you are committed to doing the right thing even if it’s hard and you are willing to have difficult conversations when you need to.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and productive workplace where we treat our people and our clients with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff from 6 weeks
- An extra day of paid leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements
- Enhanced long service leave
- Staff discounts with leading retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program that provides counselling and support to all staff members and their immediate family
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks and skin checks
- Flexible working program available to eligible staff
For more information about Guild Insurance visit https://www.guildinsurance.com.au/
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then the please apply here.