National Portfolio Manager - Intermediary Business
Job no: 492581
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Categories: Product & Underwriting, Leadership & Management
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents and car insurance.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and deliver Product and Underwriting strategy for intermediary Brokered and Underwriting Agency business to ensure short and long term intermediated financial objectives can be achieved.
In this highly visible role, which can be based in Melbourne or Sydney, you will develop and deliver underwriting initiatives-Intermediary business including Broadform Liability, Landlords, Combined liability, Commercial Packages, Commercial Property, Professional Indemnity, Burglary and Homeowner Builder insurance. This senior opportunity encompasses leadership, portfolio management, project management and underwriting agency relationship management. Specifically, you will:
- Lead and manage relationship with Intermediated Business General Manager and leadership team
- Collaborate, innovate and create portfolio strategy with product, risk appetite, underwriting, pricing and offers that will deliver growth and profit objectives
- Contribute to setting and delivery of all aspects of the team’s business plan and objectives
- Provide advice to the Reinsurance Treaty review, in consultation with Head of Product and underwriting and Reinsurance Manager
- Present to committees, internal and external
- Provide strategic and operational thought leadership across the Product and Underwriting department and the winder business
- Ensure all portfolio Manager responsibilities contained in the GIL underwriting policy are actioned for the intermediated business
- Provide underwriting support on large accounts and complex issues of policy acceptance, pricing, terms and conditions, policy wording, interpretation and intent
- Design and implement book pricing strategies and risk appetite revisions for new and existing markets in conjunction with analytics and Head of Portfolio Management
- Technical underwriting input on product models, underwriting questions sets and acceptance parameters, pricing and underwriting guidelines
- Support the design and delivery of new business and renewal tenders, presentations and other collateral
- Produce analysis and commentary for inclusion in Underwriting Committee and board repots
- Remain abreast of regulatory trends and changes and ensure the company anticipates and navigates changes successfully
- Lead Portfolio Management of existing agency relationship, including run quarterly performancw, workshops, portfolio monitoring, portfolio relationship management, internal reporting, audits and delivering initiative actions
- Participate or lead project working groups
To shine in this role, you will have extensive senior experience gained in insurance and specific experience with an intermediated insurer. You will have very strong analytic capabilities and the demonstrated ability to manage and deliver multiple projects, portfolio strategies and system driven underwriting solutions. You will have developed your Underwriting and Portfolio Management skills across a variety of classes, and you must have Commercial Package experience with some experience in Professional Indemnity, Landlords and ISR to be successful in this role. Previous underwriting or portfolio leadership experience will stand you in good stead for this national opportunity. You have proven ability to manage projects and competing priorities, stakeholder expectations and deliver quality outputs on schedule. Your cross- functional one- team focus will ensure you thrive at Guild. With an undergraduate degree in a related discipline you will be set for success in this leadership role.
Why Join Us
Guild Insurance is an organisation on an exciting journey. If you’re passionate, driven and focused about what you do, and you want the freedom to make a difference, you’ll love being part of our team. We are proud of our values-based culture and innovative ways to bring solutions to those our communities rely on. In joining Guild, you will have access to a great range of benefits including flexible working and dress for your day programs.
To be a part of our growth story and take your carer to the next level, please submit your application here.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend