Job no: 492486
Work type: Contractor Full Time
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Categories: Finance & Accounting
Your new company
Guild Group is the parent company of Guild Insurance, Acerta, Guild Superannuation, GuildLink, Gold Cross and Meridian Lawyers. Our Finance, Technology, People & Culture and Risk, Audit and Compliance divisions work hard to deliver support and deliver the strategy for these businesses.
We are a values driven organisation with a genuine, friendly and collaborative culture that respects, rewards and values input and innovation from all levels of the business.
We’re a nimble and dynamic business with big aspirations. We pride ourselves for our future focus, and at the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
We are looking for a senior Payroll Specialist to power us through our process improvement journey. As part of a small and dedicated team working in a dynamic, growing organisation it is essential you will enjoy working in a fast paced, changing environment. You will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient payroll process for Guild employees, with oversight of the entire payroll process. You will constantly seek to improve and evolve the role, maintaining a strong customer service orientation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing, overseeing and directing Payroll Officer including their performance management, training and development and task allocation
- Authorising the end to end payroll function by overseeing, directing and supporting the Payroll Officer processing on a fortnightly basis including new starters, tax, superannuation, salary packaging and terminations
- Reviewing, checking and approving the accuracy of pay reports prior to release
- Performing complex calculations including terminations and redundancies, including an ability to adequately liaise with external consultants on these matters.
- Reviewing, checking and authorising Payroll Officer calculations
- Interpreting awards and applying rules
- Authorising the end to end month end function by overseeing, directing and supporting the Payroll Officer, including reports and payments for Payroll, Finance and P&C, super, payroll tax, myki and other external stakeholders
- Liaising with staff at all levels and answer queries in a clear and accurate manner, providing professional and customer-oriented levels of service to employees
- Creating strong relationships with HR and finance departments to ensure all related work is being completed in a timely manner
- Reviewing and overseeing current payroll practices, determining what efficiencies can be made regarding current payroll processes and procedures and implement changes
You will have at least 5 years of Chris21 and Payroll experience. You will bring some experience in leading a small team and a focus on process improvement. You are known for your client focus, collaborative approach and ability to work and build relationships with different colleagues across the business. It is essential that you have experience in a fast-paced environment and high attention to detail. You can demonstrate excellent Excel skills and the ability to use financial systems.
Why join us?
Because of our size and the breadth of our business, we can offer interesting roles with wide exposure and plenty of opportunity for career development. Our specialist team teams work closely with senior leaders and contribute to key decisions.
As an organisation, Guild Group encourages innovation across all areas of the business and, as a result, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
We attract highly specialised individuals who are looking for a career where they can genuinely make a difference on our journey through supporting the performance and strategic goals of the wider business.
If you’re looking for a role where you can make things happen, Guild Group is the right place for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend