Claims Service Specialist
Job no: 492479
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Your new company
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. We pride ourselves for our future focus, recently being recognised for a third year in a row by the AFR BOSS Most Innovative Awards. At the heart of what we do is being there for those our communities rely on.
Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents and car insurance. We are Australian-owned with offices nationally so our customers benefit from our local knowledge and presence.
Your new role
You will be the first point of contact for customers for all new Property and Motor claims and triage appropriately in line with claims guidelines. We will look to you to provide exceptional customer service and support whilst setting customer expectations in delivering best practice claims management for low complex property and motor claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Receiving all new Property and Motor claim notifications (phone, fax, email) and supporting customers through the lodgement process
- Setting customer expectations for future management of the claim
- Setting claim strategy based on appropriate Triage guidelines
- Appointing panel service providers in line with Triage guidelines
- Lodging all claims and ensure detailed and accurate data capture on ClaimCenter to ensure efficient and effective claims management for the life of the claim
- Setting initial claims reserve based on information received at lodgement and Guild claims reserving philosophy
- Professionally managing a portfolio of low complexity and fast-tracking Property/Motor claims in a proactive and customer focussed manner with a strong financial focus.
- Managing claims in line with claims guidelines and service standards
- Providing support to claims team members when required which may include training and/or assisting with workload etc.
- Ensuring claims guidelines and service standards are maintained
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- You pride yourself on delivering a high level of customer service
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy
- You can work autonomously but can also collaborate and communicate effectively with other team members
- An understanding of Insurance and the claims process would be of an advantage but is not necessary
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, please apply!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend