Portfolio Manager - Workers Compensation
Job no: 492458
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Sydney (CBD)
Categories: Workers Compensation
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents and car insurance.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management, as National Portfolio Manager- Workers Compensation, you will drive and deliver the Workers Compensation Portfolio Management strategy that will achieve short and long term strategic profitable growth targets. You will also have responsibly for the Workers Compensation portfolio where you will drive the underwriting strategy to monitor and profitably grow revenue. As a specialist you will play a key role in the provision of strategic and operational thought leadership across the product and underwriting department and wider insurance business.
In this highly visible role which can be based in Melbourne or Sydney, you will develop and deliver underwriting initiatives for Workers Compensation as you work across our businesses to:
- Develop pricing strategy including engagement with Head of Analytics, Approved Actuary and Head of Workers Comp to determine book premium levels, including ownership of rate filing process
- Analyse portfolio and monitor Workers Compensation performance across all 4 jurisdictions, including large loss review.
- Design and maintain experience rating/burner calculators and acceptance of referrals for these types of policies
- Undertake Industry specific risk research and determine of risk appetite in conjunction with Head of Portfolio Management and Head of Workers Comp
- Collaborate, innovate and create portfolio strategy with product, risk appetite, underwriting, pricing and offers that will deliver the organisations growth and profit objectives.
- Ensure portfolio manager responsibilities contained in our underwriting policy are actioned for workers compensation and supported for casualty lines.
- Facilitate the Workers Compensation Reinsurance review, in consultation with Head of Product & Underwriting, Reinsurance Manager.
- Participate on committees, internal and external, as required
- Drive workers compensation Underwriting excellence in referral underwriting and system-based underwriting across the organisation.
- Work closely with Analytics Team, Head of Portfolio Management and Head of Workers Compensation to design and develop pricing strategies for new and existing markets.
- Support the design and delivery of new business quotes, presentations and other collateral.
- Produce robust and meaningful analysis of product performance for decision making, including: monitoring performance and profitability; trends; and of new and/or diminishing business opportunities.
- Provide end to end centre of workers compensation portfolio management excellence including creation of learning materials and advice to the regulator on performance or pricing processes where applicable.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive underwriting experience in Workers Compensation as well as deep experience in Workers Compensation pricing and delivery of business initiatives. You will have significant experience working with actuaries and be able to translate into business strategy. You are naturally analytical and pricing experience will have featured in your career to date. You are well known for your proven data-decision making capability and have undertaken complex numerical analysis for strategic decision making. You have proven ability to manage projects and competing priorities, stakeholder expectations and deliver quality outputs on schedule. Your cross- functional one- team focus will ensure you thrive at Guild. With an undergraduate degree in a related discipline and FSRA – ANZIIF Tier 1 qualification you will be set for success in this leadership role
Why Join Us
Guild Insurance is an organisation on an exciting journey. If you’re passionate, driven and focused about what you do, and you want the freedom to make a difference, you’ll love being part of our team. We are proud of our values-based culture and innovative ways to bring solutions to those our communities rely on. In joining Guild, you will have access to a great range of benefits including flexible working and dress for your day programs.
To be a part of our growth story and take your carer to the next level, please submit your application here.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend