Assistant Portfolio Manager Casualty and Workers Compensation
Job no: 492340
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Categories: Product & Underwriting
Guild Insurance is Australia’s leading provider of insurance solutions for allied healthcare professionals. For more than 50 years, we’ve been providing exceptional products and services and unparalleled customer experiences, driven by a genuine care for our clients’ professional and financial wellbeing. Our comprehensive product suite includes professional indemnity, public liability, workers compensation as well as business, home & contents and car insurance.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management, you will assist the National Casualty Portfolio Manager in enhancing and delivering all aspects of the Casualty Portfolio Management strategy and therefore ensuring delivery of short and long term financial objectives. You will also have responsibly for the Workers Compensation portfolio where you will drive the underwriting strategy to monitor and profitably grow revenue. As a specialist you will also play a key role in the provision of strategic and operational thought leadership across the product and underwriting department and wider insurance business.
Bring your experience in Professional Indemnity and Workers Compensation development and delivery of underwriting initiatives and take the next step in your career.
In this varied role, you will work across our businesses to:
- create portfolio strategy by enhancing product, risk appetite, underwriting rules and guidelines, pricing and offers that will deliver growth and profit objectives
- research on appetite and underwriting conditions for new markets
- conduct regular portfolio monitoring and performance analysis,
- contribute to setting and assisting with the delivery of the teams’ business plan
- provide technical guidance on new business opportunities including risk assessment and pricing
- drive casualty and workers compensation Underwriting excellence in referral underwriting strategy and system based underwriting across the organisation
- complex and large account referrals
- development of Workers Compensation pricing strategy and engagement with Approved Actuary and Head of Workers Compensation
- prepare portfolio strategy briefing papers for underwriting committees and board reports
To be successful in this role you will have extensive professional indemnity underwriting experience and experience with broadform liability management, liability and workers compensation. You will also have developed and implemented a range of successful portfolio based underwriting and pricing initiatives. With an undergraduate degree in a related discipline and FSRA – ANZIIF Tier 1 qualification you will be set for success in this leadership role
Your strong team and customer focus, time management, strategic thinking and well developed analytical and pricing capability will prepare you well for this role. Take the next step on your career journey towards National Portfolio Manager for Guild Insurance.
Why Join Us
Guild Insurance is an organisation on an exciting journey. If you’re passionate, driven and focused about what you do, and you want the freedom to make a difference, you’ll love being part of our team. To apply please submit your application here.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend