Head of Finance
Job no: 492307
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Categories: Finance & Accounting
Guild Group specialises in providing insurance, superannuation, and professional services to specialised industry sectors including Pharmacy and Child care. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our customers have the best possible insurance and legal advice that will support them during their time of need and can build a financial foundation for life after work through their superannuation. A permanent opportunity for our Head of Finance has arisen to oversee the financial aspects of the group and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning.
About the role
Reporting to Guild Groups’ COO you will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments. As a senior leader, you inspire brilliance in your team to ensure high quality financial advice and support. You are an effective, Agile leader across the reporting divisions and will advocate company values across the wider group.
As Head of Finance, you are accountable for:
- delivering and setting strategic and annual plans for finance and investment business units in conjunction with the COO
- contributing to setting and delivery of all aspects of the overall strategic plan and objectives of the group
- supporting the Groups’ business units in having deep understanding of their financial performance and providing insights to improve strategic outcomes
- reviewing, managing and recommending changes to the Groups’ capital management framework
- supporting acquisition opportunities to support the groups strategic objectives
- reviewing and developing company-wide financial systems and processes with the objectives of simplifying and automating processes
- overseeing and managing all financial functions for the group as appropriate for day-to-day work projects and special assignments
- actively managing the Groups’ capital and balance sheet including regulatory capital
- designing and implementing all aspects of the Finance Operating model, in conjunction with COO and key stakeholders- including system design, policies service standards and delivery as well as organisational design and structure
- identifying and driving accounting initiatives that enable the Group to take opportunities that contribute to overall performance
- identifying, designing and driving financial systems that support key financial insights and encourage continual improvement and innovation
- overseeing management of Group facilities, including head office and state branches/ offices
In this highly visible role, you will also review, recommend and monitor the Groups’ asset allocation as well as oversee the operational management of the Group’s investment and loan portfolio. As a responsible person, you will comply with requirements under the fit and proper policy and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. You will prepare reports and present to board in conjunction with the COO and will be adept at navigating change successfully.
You will bring extensive senior financial management and financial control experience gained within financial services or general insurance industries. You are well known for your leadership capability and will be an effective influencer who can build relationships quickly. You are outcomes focused and can deliver results under pressure. You will be CA/ CPA qualified.
This is a great contract opportunity, at a time when the Guild Group are doing exciting things!
If this sounds like an opportunity you can add value to, please apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend