Financial Controller-6 Month Contract
Job no: 492304
Work type: Contractor Full Time
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Categories: Finance & Accounting
Guild Group specialises in providing insurance, superannuation, and professional services to specialised industry sectors including Pharmacy and Child care. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our customers have the best possible insurance and legal advice that will support them during their time of need and can build a financial foundation for life after work through their superannuation. A contract opportunity for a Financial Controller has arisen in our group to oversee the financial aspects of the group and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will have strategy and planning responsibility as well as statutory and regulatory, tax risk management, projects and leadership of the teams that support these essential activities. Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
Strategy & Planning
- assisting with the coordination of the Strategic Plan and Business Plan process
- coordinating the consolidation of the Annual Accounts process
- supporting business units in having a deep understanding of their financial performance and provide insights to improve strategic outcomes
- reviewing and developing Financial systems and processes with the objective of simplifying and automating processes
Statutory & Regulatory
- Review of the quarterly and annual APRA returns
- Review and monitoring of all aspects of Reinsurance accounting including the annual reconciliation
- Preparation of end of year Claim’s reconciliations in conjunction with Actuary
- Review of annual returns
Review of the following:
- Group Finance Board report
- Pharmacy Guild of Australia report
- Employee cost report
- Quarterly reconciliations
- Tax Risk Management – providing insights in tax planning and risk mitigation strategies
- Review quarterly tax calculations for individual entities
Review of the Consolidated Group income tax return
To be successful in this role, you will bring extensive senior finance and financial control experience gained within financial services or the general insurance industries. You will have lead a team and will be an effective influencer who can build relationships quickly. You are outcomes focused and can deliver results under pressure. You will be CA/ CPA qualified.
This is a great contract opportunity, at a time when the Guild Group are doing exciting things!
If this sounds like an opportunity you can add value to, please apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend