Company Secretary and Legal Counsel
Job no: 492289
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Categories: Legal Practice
The Guild Group currently has an opportunity for a Company Secretary and Legal Counsel to join the executive leadership team based in our Melbourne head office. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for facilitating the company’s corporate governance processes and holding primary responsibility for ensuring that the board processes run efficiently and effectively. Other key accountabilities will include:
- arranging and setting agenda, coordinating Board meetings and actions for follow up
- assisting the Chair and Directors in the conduct of meetings and their directorial and governance obligations and responsibilities
- supporting preparation of annual report through covering ASIC requirements
- establishing a timetable of corporate actions required during the year pursuant to the Corporations Act (CA)
- ensuring that the company complies with its statutory obligations under any relevant laws and regulations
- providing corporate and general commercial advice
You are an experienced Legal professional known for your strategic thinking and may have commenced your company secretary career or are undertaking qualifications to leverage your legal advice into this specialisation. Currently at Senior Associate level,you may be seeking an opportunity to utilise your commercial experience and further develop strong governance as you work with a variety of stakeholders, external (Board and regulators) and partner with our executive team to deliver legal advice and company secretary services.
Specifically, you will have:
- a tertiary qualification in Law
- post graduate Diploma or equivalent in Applied Corporate Governance
- Chartered Secretary Accreditation (GIA or ICSA) and understanding of general insurance and superannuation industry (preferred but not essential)
- current practicing certificate as Lawyer
- Senior associate level
- strategic thinking ability
- excellent leadership and influencing skills at C-level
Why join us?
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
We put in a lot of effort to ensure that our customers have a great experience and support when they need us the most.
You will enjoy a lively team environment, state of the art office and facilities in a fantastic CBD location. You will be well supported by a great team and excellent technology to deliver great outcomes.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then please submit your details applying online.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend