People Advisor-Meridian Lawyers
Job no: 492279
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Sydney (CBD)
Categories: Human Resources
Meridian is a mid-tier legal practice with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle and Perth. We provide expert advice in insurance law, health law, corporate and commercial law, employment law, commercial litigation, dispute resolution and property law. We have a unique and genuine dedication to reaching the best possible outcomes for our valued clients.
We are dynamic and ambitious. We attract high calibre clients who engage with us because of the way we interact with them and the quality of work we produce. To be able to provide this exceptional service, we rely on our in house team for support, advice and capability to make this happen. As HR Advisor, that's where you come in!
Your New Role
This role is a great opportunity to be part of a close knit team while reporting into our Senior HR Business Partner in Melbourne. In this Sydney based role, you will play a key role in providing support to our team through providing efficient and accurate delivery of HR processes and programs. You will work as part of a broader HR function that is deeply embedded in the business and will be a trusted advisor to our business leaders. This is a time of growth and opportunity for us, as it will be for you.
Some of the key accountabilities of this role will include;
- proactively supporting the delivery of HR processes and programs e.g. performance management and performance reviews, remuneration reviews and employee engagement;
- providing support to the business for general HR queries and BAU support
- partnering with the HRBPs to support the planning and execution of talent development and KPIs
- providing policy advice and interpretation as well as advice to leaders and employees;
- supporting the off-shore HR administrator to update the on boarding system with employee information and initiate on boarding process
- establishing and maintaining employee records and organisational data in HR information systems (Chris 21) and electronic personnel files
- updating relevant organisational charts with employee changes
To successfully perform in this role, it is important that you possess the following educational background, experience and skills;
- excellent capacity to plan, organise and multi-task
- HR experience gained within in a legal environment
- experience gained within change programs
- superior attention to detail
- ability to work autonomously and take initiative
- team player
- capacity to solve problems and think laterally
- ability to build relationships across all levels of business internally and externally
- 5+ years of experience in a HR operational generalist role with some administration, consulting and HR project experience
- experience using a HR database such as Chris21
- general HR Policy and HR transactional advice experience
Why Join Us
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
We put in a lot of effort to ensure that our customers have a hassle free and great experience when they need us the most.
You will enjoy a lively team environment, state of the art office and facilities in a fantastic CBD location. You will be well supported by a great team and excellent technology to deliver great outcomes.
If you would like to work in a company that values your effort, will celebrate your success, and encourage you to achieve personal and company success, we would like you to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend